Golf School District 67 History (Wikipedia)
History of Golf School District 67
Golf School District 67 has two schools:
Hynes Elementary School (grades pre-K - 4), 9000 Belleforte Ave., Morton Grove, IL 60053
Golf Middle School (grades 5 - 8), 9401 Waukegan Rd., Morton Grove, IL 60053
The school district's administrative offices are in Golf Middle School.
The original Golf Elementary School was built in 1927 as a four-room school. It was expanded four times before being supplemented by Hynes Elementary School in 1957. Golf Junior High School was added in 1961. The Golf Middle School building remains at the site.
District 67 owns Frank Hren Discovery Park, which is adjacent to Golf Middle School. Frank P. Hren was a teacher and principal at the former Golf Junior High School,  and the park was named in his honor.
In August 2015, District 67 entered into the Classrooms First partnership with high school district 219. Goals of the Classrooms First initiative include focusing on literacy and on science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) as a distinct part of elementary and secondary curricula, aligning curricula between the elementary and high school districts, creating operational efficiencies, providing increased access to educational infrastructure to the elementary school district, establishing a uniform system of curricular targets and accountability, and increasing high school and college readiness.
District 67 is within Community College District 535 (Oakton Community College), which has its main campus in Des Plaines, Illinois.
The following pictures are from Images of Morton Grove, Morton Grove Historical Society, Copyright Mary Busch and Tim Mayse-Lillif, Arcadia Publishing, 2013.